Packer Driver Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Drives a Rear Load truck, Frontload, Automated or Side Load Truck with two metal stabber arms, a clapping arm, and squeezers on rear. Do this safely within designated delivery areas such as municipality, rural area, and residential neighborhoods to deliver and vacate all types of trash containers. In addition to driving the route, drivers will be required to work as needed for weekend events.
- Transports equipment to and from the shop and yard.
- Unloads all types of containers at customer sites, landfills, and shop/yard location.
- Records mileage, fuel consumption, delivery tickets, route times, and additional route information.
- Maintain route order and sequence. Reports any out-of-order accounts to the department supervisor.
- Communicate route and account problems to dispatch and direct supervisor.
- Maintain route equipment by performing the driver assigned responsibilities specific to maintaining your vehicle. This includes pre and post trip inspections following the Driver Inspection Report (DVIR) inspecting and documenting truck defects before and after route. Turning in your (DVIR) to the shop at the conclusion of each shift. Cleaning the dash, and floor, and windows of the truck daily.
- Required: Valid CDL B driver’s license
- Preferred: Valid CDL A driver’s license
- Good communication (written and spoken)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a team environment
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1 plus years of experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- BODY POSITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- BODY MOVEMENTS: The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals, bending, reaching, and crouching.
- BODY SENSES: Must have command of all five senses — sight, hearing, touch, smell, and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
- STRENGTH: Must have the ability to push, pull and lift up to 100 pounds with regularity.